Quoting Lawn Care Services from the Computer
Quoting lawn care services from the computer is a great way to get your leads an accurate quote very quickly and help you win more jobs! We know a lot of you already know how to do this, but for those that don’t quite understand, hopefully, this information will enable you to start implementing this in your business.
Everything about this process is free! Not to mention the time (and money) saved by not having to go each individual property to get your quote together.
If you would rather watch the video we made, here is the link: How to Quote Lawn Services from the Computer.
Things to Know About Quoting Jobs off the Internet
- This is best for services like mowing, fertilization and weed control, and aerations that can be accurately quoted using the square footage of turf on the property.
- Some jobs you will still need to see in person! If you cannot get a good view of the property (mainly this is because of trees) from the aerial view, it would be best to see that property in person.
- Daft Logic does not drop a pin on the address you enter into their search bar. That is one reason to also use Google Maps.
- The 2nd reason to use Google Maps is you can often reference the street view which may help clarify where property lines are, as well as get you an idea if they have a small gate, steep slopes, and other things like that which could possibly affect your quote.
- The images online are not always up to date! Do not forget that the property owner may have added a fence, swimming pool, or similar item to their lawn which could also affect your quote.
- It is best to play around with lawns you are already familiar with or drive to the first handful of jobs you quote like this. I would not recommend starting to implement this quoting system into your business until you are comfortable doing so. Make sure your quotes created from online images correlate to your old system of quoting.
- You will need to know what you charge for each service based on square footage. The square footage should tell you man hours involved. Then apply your hourly rate to the time involved in the job. Don’t forget to have a minimum charge for each service!
Why Quote Lawn Services with a Software Program?
- Speed! If you are the first quote the customer receives, you have the best chance to win that job.
- Time! This will save you an incredible amount of time as compared to driving to each property.
- Accuracy. I have never seen a perfectly square lawn. You can get much more accurate square footage calculation using a software program as compared to eye-balling it or
usinga measuring wheel.
Area Calculator Tutorial
In this tutorial, we will use 2218 Forest Lawn Dr., Florence, KY 41042 as an example. Feel free to follow along using this address if this is your first time attempting this.
The first step will be entering the property address into Google Maps and into the Daft Logic area calculator.
Open separate tabs in a single browser to make it easy to toggle make and forth. Use the links below to open a new tab for Google Maps and for Daft Logic. We recommend you save these 2 sites as favorites so you can quickly pull them up with a single click.
Open a Google Maps tab: Google Maps
Open a Daft Logic tab: Daft Logic
Enter the lead’s address into the search bar on each site. Google will drop the pin to let you know which house you are looking for. Daft Logic does not do this. Make sure you are measuring the correct property on Daft Logic! Count houses or look for unique characteristics to determine the correct house on the Daft Logic map! If you would like to use the same lawn we are looking using as the example copy and paste this address: 2218 Forest Lawn Dr., Florence, KY 41042
At this point, you should have the address pulled up on both maps. Now, you will want to quickly reference the street view to see if you can get any more information that will help you provide an accurate quote. Look for fences not showing on the aerial views, or steep slopes. Other things to consider are trampolines, playsets, or anything else that could add time or more difficulty to the job.
Confirm you are looking at the correct property on Daft Logic. Then you will want to change the angle of the aerial view by clicking the that will appear once you begin to zoom in. It will appear at the bottom left corner of the map and contain 4 small black squares. Once you click that button, the aerial view will look directly down at the map instead of at an angle.
Measure the property by using your mouse and clicking around the perimeter of the property. Once the property is outlined, continue back to your starting point outlining areas on the property that are not turf, such as the house and the driveway. It is best to start at a corner like shown below. The highlighted area may be distorted until you complete your outline. Don’t pay attention to the highlighted area until you have finished your outline.
Look below the map to see your square footage. There are a handful of numbers below the map…make sure you are looking at the square footage! Make a pricing guide that you can quickly reference to tell you the price to charge based on what the square footage turns out to be. Don’t forget to have a minimum charge!
A Couple Additional Features
If you end up needing to use the Create New Area button, make sure you are looking at the Output : Total Area(s) numbers and not the Output: Current Area’s numbers. The Total Area calculation will be below the Current Area calculation.
Delete Last Point
Clear All Points
Create New Area
We Want to See You Make More Money!
We Hope you got Something out of our Quoting Lawn Care Services from the Computer Tutorial.
Let us know what kind of content would help you the most.